Strategic Plan 2020-2024
Strategic Plan 2020-2024: Areas of Strategic Focus, Objectives, and Strategies
Area of Strategic Focus
Learning and Teaching
Maximise and enhance every student’s potential by emphasising a personalised learning environment throughout the school based on the latest pedagogical research.
- Ensure the curriculum is horizontally and vertically aligned, and transdisciplinary and interdisciplinary in form
- Optimize options and pathways within academic programmes to ensure all students achieve their maximum potential and provide opportunities for them to achieve and pursue their interests.
- Provide support and opportunities for teachers to identify, respond, and develop learning experiences to meet individual learning needs and styles.
- Develop a clear and shared pedagogy to underpin teaching and learning, with a focus on Approaches to Learning skills, Conceptual Understanding, Knowledge, and Autonomy.
- Implement and promote varied outcomes of learning as a means to recognise the broad spectrum of achievements attained and skills developed by the students.
- Develop a culture of evidence-based action research through Professional Learning Communities to ensure the success of pedagogical initiatives.
Hire and retain the highest calibre of employees which honours our commitment to Stonehill’s Vision.
Build a committed, professional and collaborative community that models and lives the Stonehill mission.
- Set robust hiring standards based on Stonehill’s vision, mission, policy, and culture.
- Plan and structure staffing to reflect the school’s commitment to diversity, internationalism, and retaining excellent staff.
- Implement a Learning Hub of coaches and culture of pedagogical and technology-based coaching to support in-house professional development for all Stonehill faculty and staff.
- Ensure that the salary and benefits package for teachers allows the school to attract and retain the best talent in Bangalore and India.
- Effectively utilise the appraisal and evaluation processes to recognise high-performing staff and support all teachers in professional growth.
- Create and maintain an internal communication strategy designed to nurture highly motivated staff that work as one community to demonstrate mutual support and respect.
- Identify and utilise the diverse areas and sources of expertise in the parent community in order to support learning experiences throughout the school.
Infrastructure, School Growth And Development
Develop flexible and responsive systems and a culture of adaptability and innovation to establish Stonehill as a school of choice in India.
- Increase Stonehill’s visibility and brand recall locally, regionally, and globally.
- Ensure that Stonehill strives to maintain harmony with natural systems when
developing and maintaining new and existing buildings to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
- Invest in developing more flexible learning spaces throughout the school so that teachers can provide appropriate, inspiring learning environments in all circumstances.
- Continue to maximise the benefits of high standard SIS facilities like the MPH, Arts Centre, STEM Building and New Library
- Connect with representatives from different nationalities in Bangalore in order to facilitate opportunities for students and parents to continue to learn their mother-tongue.
- Ensure that Stonehill teachers have and are able to utilise appropriate technology platforms in order to provide effective instruction to students at all times.
- Continue to ensure that class sizes at Stonehill remain appropriate for a personalised approach to teaching and learning.
- Ensure that available technology systems facilitate effective communication for all stakeholders in the school community.
- Enable all relevant stakeholders to securely store, share and access data easily.
Build our reputation and be recognised as a world-class international school in India with a clear and compelling identity.
- Research and invest in resources and partnerships to create more opportunities in arts, technology, and sports for both students and teachers
- Continue to build a community that shines in the pride and spirit of the interconnectedness of Stonehill past and present.
- Minimize our ecological footprint, which is the total impact of our production and consumption activities within and outside our campus.
- Engage with community partners in a Community Outreach Program to work towards a common sustainable future, and ensure that programs are in place for Stonehill students to develop an awareness of the importance of protecting the environment.
- Through internal collaboration, focus on innovative technological, and pedagogical practice, to bring the latest advancements and trends to Stonehill.
- Focus on developing a Community Outreach Program that provides greater support to local and national projects that would include partnerships, involving participation from our students and teachers.
- Highlight and showcase the state of the art facilities by hosting local and national events.
- Become an Australian Boarding School training centre for other international schools in India, and market the boarding programme more aggressively.
Responsible planning and management of resources to be financially stable and self-sustaining.
- Ensure that technological and other needs are anticipated, budgeted and sustainable.
- Utilize the operational budget efficiently and effectively
- Develop a financial strategic plan that promotes school growth while controlling for risk
- Evaluate the financial resources of the school in conjunction with the Strategic Plan
- Institutionalize policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to increase efficiency
Ensure effective leadership which models the duty of care, learning, trust, and accountability, that best serves the school now and into the future.
- Ensure that the school meets the accreditation requirements
- Be in line with industry best practices and to encourage the Head of School to champion and apply best practices in the industry
- Ensure on-going training is provided for the members to understand and perform their duties and drive continuous improvement
Well-Being and Child Protection
Create the best physical and emotional environment to ensure the safety and well-being of all members of the community.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment within the school community where child protection and safeguarding are paramount
- Ensure the welfare of teachers and students by providing healthy physical and emotional environments. (Air quality, shade, places to congregate, break January through April) /li>
- Develop a clear and shared pedagogy to underpin teaching and learning, with a focus on a growth mind set and identity.
- Develop a clear and shared pedagogy to underpin teaching and learning, with a focus on restorative practices and
- Develop a culture and shared pedagogy of developmentally appropriate play, and how it underpins all teaching and learning.
- Recognize the intrinsic value of nature and work to enhance it on campus, and in the city of Bangalore.
- Ensure that Stonehill faculty, staff and students are all ethical digital citizens