This week we will have 11 School Evaluation Visitors on campus. The visitors will be at school for a Synchronised Evaluation Visit. This is a process which happens every five years. The International Baccaluareate (IB) Evalaution takes place to ensure that the standards and practices of IB programmes (PYP, MYP and DP) are being maintained.
Accreditation with CIS and NEASC show that a school has achieved high standards of professional performance in international education and has a commitment to continuous improvement. In particular, the award of accreditation shows that the school:
- is devoted to its mission and vision for students
- has thought deeply about the services it offers to students, family and community.
- invests the time and resources for validation from globally-recognized accreditation authorities
- focuses on the quality of teaching, student learning, as well as student safeguarding and well-being
- is committed to the development of the students’ global citizenship
- has a suitable philosophy of education suitable for its students
- promises only what it can deliver
- is open to regular evaluation by its own school community and peer evaluators
- constantly seeks improvement in all areas of the school and plans strategically for the future.
During the week, the Evaluation Visitors will observe lessons and interview governors, teachers, students, support staff and members of our PTA. The evaluation reports we receive will provide us with recommendations that will help us to improve learning and teaching as well as guide our strategic development. You can find additional information about IB Evaluation or CIS and NEASC Accreditation by clicking the links below.